FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April 5, 2017: Delta cancels 300 flights due to thunderstorm
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:46 pm
KathinJax

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I am monitoring the flight that they put my boyfriend on today (ATL-STL, he opted to drive yesterday). We never confirmed the new flight nor has he checked in. They finally offloaded him from the flight and the flight left.

Clearly there has been no one to help in retrieving his bag. Track my bag shoes that it was loaded onto the plane, but is delayed. We are hoping that they did not offload his bag when they cancelled his ticket. The luggage phone number has some platitudes about weather delays and then hangs up on you. He will probably go to the STL airport this evening and file a baggage claim if it doesn't arrive. Maybe they will be able to deliver it to him sometime in the next two weeks.

Really glad that this thread existed yesterday as we were able to quickly make the decision for him to get a car and drive, instead of waiting around for a day(s) at the airport. Really glad that his flight home is on Frontier!