FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April 5, 2017: Delta cancels 300 flights due to thunderstorm
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:43 pm
jk88usa

Originally Posted by estedman
Here is an email for the AJC business columnist [email protected] If someone wants to send info to him that they think is true about Delta covering up another IT meltdown.
I'm not saying I don't believe this isn't something bigger...but I overheard some DL employees the other day (2 GA, 3 FA's, 2 Pilots all talking at the gate) before they were to work my cancelled flight, and they seemed to have no knowledge whatsoever of a systems meltdown, but rather how they were out of place in terms of positioning (which I guess...could lead you to the systems meltdown route). One pilot timed out about 30 mins before we were supposed to depart, so they cancelled it.

I always wonder how airlines recover from big system shocks like winter storms/such so quickly without something like this happening. If everybody everywhere is out of place and everybody has different legal/illegal time schedules I could definitely see how the problem would just keep compounding.

That being said, if this truly is a system failure, that's something that needs to get wired to the press people ASAP, frankly I've been a loyal DL guy these past 2 years but the past 2 days have really made me think twice about flying them in the future, after I was already involved in the last meltdown 2 months ago.