FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:42 am
TravellerFrequently

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I stopped for a late lunch in the CX F lounge.

I liked the general ambience of the newly refurbished lounge but I can see that it might get crowded at peak times.

Very friendly welcome at reception and directed to the Flounge, which I see is still in the same place.

I enjoyed my lunch very much- asparagus, Dan Dan Mien and fruit plate with lime sorbet. All the dishes were well executed and tasty. Impressive glass and table ware as well as cutlery.

Some small areas of constructive feedback:

1. While the asparagus was perfectly cooked, the poached egg was slightly too runny for me (accept it is personal choice) and it was over seasoned with salt. In addition, black pepper had been added, which I do not like.

2. Whilst enjoying my starter, the noodles arrived when I had hardly made much inroad to the starter. Not ideal.

3. My starter plate was not removed until quite a while later, although the dining room was not busy and the waiter walked passed several times to clear a nearby table.

4. An empty glass not removed for quite a while.

5. Melon was not sufficiently ripe.

Nit picking perhaps, but small things that could/should be improved to make the dining room really great.

Staff friendly throughout.

As others have mentioned, the champagne/wine selection is not really First class but I liked the option of cocktails, which is good, although I did not have any on this occasion. Another time. Only available in BA's CCR not GF, so certainly an additional plus.

A very nice lounge and I will certainly return.