FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April 5, 2017: Delta cancels 300 flights due to thunderstorm
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:37 am
B752

Programs: DL Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, SPG Gold
When exactly did all of this begin? I spent a good 9 or 8 hours at JFK on Tuesday, 4/4, as well as many others due to delays across the board. Flight was scheduled to leave around 5pm and wasn't in the air until after midnight. Basically any DL flight that wasn't TATL or to another East Coast destination appeared to be delayed and the gate agents swore that they didn't know anything. There was a weather waiver in affect for NYC, but nothing ever materialized while I was still there. Taking a look at FlightRadar24 and it appeared that several inbounds had been delayed 3-4 hours as far as 2 or 3 flights back. I was eventually rebooked, got to the gate and that flight was then delayed 4 or so hours because the inbound from BOS had arrived in BOS from MSP 3 hours late which has me questioning why they waited so late to post the delay if the flight was behind schedule 2 or more legs back. There was also another flight that had been significantly delayed, "waiting for flight attendants" according to the gate agent, only to find they had no pilots.