FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:16 am
schoflyer

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by jpdx
I don't get all the hate for this hotel. We had three stays here in the past month, on BRGs of ~10k yen. At that rate, the hotel is stellar value. The newly remodeled rooms are great, the club is not bad at all, and even the rooms that were remodeled 7-10 years ago are ok by Japanese standards. Yes, this hotel is grotesquely overpriced on points, benefits are not as good as in the past (club breakfast only), and they will not upgrade you unless you ask. But the rates that are attainable here make this a steal for Tokyo.

Now, to be sure, SPG has a hotel in Tokyo that's an absolute dog, but it's the Westin. We spent three nights there last week -- against my better judgment -- but I had made some C&P reservations at the old Cat 5 rate ($110 plus 6k points) before the 2016 devaluation. The location is awful, the club laughable, the rooms prehistoric. Even at the old Cat 5 rates, I felt like I was wasting money/points, and I was wishing I'd be at the Sheraton instead.
Club Breakfast Only? Happy hour too, right? You must be comparing to pre club benefits? Restaurant breakfast + Bamboo Lobby Lounge? I like club breakfast better but Bamboo was cool.

Yes, if its my cash, I stay here and my company will not pay higher so I stay here. A lot of the rooms are OK. There are a few dogs however.

Personally, I enjoy the location.