FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:55 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Sayer
I'm looking around for the Yama 18 for days but just saw it once in Osaka for a crazy price. I already visited so many small and big stores but almost only find unaged bottles but nothing more. I'm in Tokyo right now any tip where to find the Yamazaki 18 for a reasonable price would be welcome
Tokyo was at the end of my trip, so I had stopped taking notes of the crazy prices. I did see some Yamazaki 18 in Kyoto (45.8k, Kentboy's), Fukuoka (44.9k, Donki), and Nagasaki (45k, Aeon). The best bet for reasonable prices is BIC Camera -- IF they have availability (a big IF!) Hakushu 18 or Yamazaki 18 will run ~25k. Better deals may be available abroad -- my local liquor store in Portland, OR has the Yamazaki 18 for $249.80 and Hakushu 18 for $252. There are long dry spells with no availability at all, and then all of a sudden a large shipment comes in, only to sell out again in a matter of days.