FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GIG-AMS KL706 April 4th...
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:37 am
geoshina

Hey guys! First I want to thank you for the replies.

This is what happened after I posted this thread:

I called the dutch KLM call centre and they told me that the flight was still not cancelled so they would have to wait to begin managing people in other flights. The KLM twitter team kept telling me that they were checking my options (?) and that they would reply it back to me... the facebook team was useless.

It was almost 6am so I decided to get some sleep 'till 8am which was the time the brazillian call centre would be operating. So as I woke up, there was no message for in my twitter. What ended up happening is that the brazillian call centre found ways to help me. Together with Expertflyer I was able to see that I did not have much options to arrive at LIS in the morning of the next day, so I ended up accepting the GIG-LIS flight from TAP in Economy, since all C class seats were booked. And the ones available would not get me in Lisbon in time I needed.

I love the KLM marketing, their seats are good, food is good too. Crew is usually very friendly. But their customer assistance is average at its best.

On the other hand there is American Airlines and their usually unpolite crew, average food and service. But everytime I had a problem with them I could always reach twitter and they would help me. I have experienced the same thing with AA and within 15 minutes of the occurrence I was already protected and booked in another flight with their OW partner.

PS: I think that the plane is still at GIG. It's the PH-BHA