FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's awfully nice in Nice, BA SIN-LHR-NCE in Y+ and C
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:50 am
SQTraveller

BA11 (A380) London - Singapore (LHR-SIN) part II

January 2017
A380
Class: World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy)
Scheduled Departure: 19:05
Actual Departure: 19:39
Scheduled Arrival: 15:55
Actual Arrival: 16:07
Estimated duration: 12hr 50mins
Actual duration: 12hr 27mins
Plane registration: G-XLEJ

I got to the gate as boarding hadn’t commenced yet so I walked around to find somewhere to fill my water bottle. Now this is one of my top tips for travelling. Always carry an empty water bottle with you. And then fill it up at a water fountain in the airport.

If you aren’t in First or Business Class, the crew inevitably never bring round water frequently enough.

IMG_1496 by Globe Trekka , on Flickr

Hello again World Traveller Plus. I quite like the new WT+ seat. It’s comfortable and they give you a few additional amenities.

IMG_1497 by Globe Trekka , on Flickr

There was someone in the seat next to me and we exchanged, brief, pleasantries before settling into our seats for push back.

I was seriously impressed with him. He didn’t leave his seat for the entire flight. Not once.

There was almost no delay in getting people on board, but we had a small wait before we pushed back, this led to take off being later by about 30mins.

Almost as soon as we got to cruising altitude the crew swung into action to serve dinner.

IMG_1500 by Globe Trekka , on Flickr

It was some kind of sweet and sour chicken. Not really that tasty, but I did finish it!

The crew probably serve and clear up quickly, so that they can get everyone asleep as soon as possible. And it worked. I fell asleep before they had even started clearing away the trays!!!

The next thing I knew …. Breakfast time!!!

IMG_1504 by Globe Trekka , on Flickr

I don’t know what’s going on here, but BA seem to serve this identical breakfast wherever they are. Actually I shouldn’t complain. I really like it!!

The 30mins delay we had leaving London was reduced to about 10minutes by the time we landed in Singapore.

If you liked this on any of my previous reports, please follow me on my globetrekka blog

You can find me also on (not so much presence)
YouTube
Instagram

And if you enjoyed this report I'd appreciate support if you'd follow my blog and me on youtube and instagram.
Thanks!!