FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:15 pm
hotturnip

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sammyZ06
Hey everyone. Just signed up, so apologizes if I'm in the wrong place. This site is HUGE! I'm happy to say that I recently hit my sign up bonus for the Chase Sapphire Reserve and got the 100,000 points. I'm now trying to earn on top of them but it's a little slow going. I purchased some fairly expensive items for the home at Lowes through the Ultimate Rewards site because it earns more points. Do you have any recommendations to earn faster without going broke? I'd like to take my girlfriend to Europe next year and fly first class as a surprise. I've been going to the points guy site but do I really have to sign up for a whole bunch of credit cards!? Any help is much appreciated.
A more realistic goal might be to buy one ticket with points and purchase the other one normally. There are often good sales on premium fares throughout the year. Then you would actually earn a bunch of miles on the purchased ticket.