FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:54 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I don't ever remember seeing this general exclusion of Presidential Suites that you speak of.

And I already asked the hotel about pre-upgrading my reservation. Given the rate I booked, and the RA status to boot, I don't think it's a lot to ask. What happens because of it is not my problem. If they say no, that it can't be guaranteed until check-in, I will monitor availability online. If I see those room types disappear I will cancel my €850 per night reservation and book the cheapest available and hope for a good upgrade. I could book a €350 per night reservation and get upgraded to the same €850 room I would get stuck paying for if there aren't better suites available. Doesn't sound like a gamble I'm willing to take, hence the email to the property.
I totally disagree, it is actually a lot to ask. You are contacting PLG with a demand, a demand which is not in AMB t+c's that PLG remove a euro 3000++ Royal Suite from sale and pre-arrival modify your eur 850++ room booking to said 3000++ Royal Suite

Stimpy has it dead right, if you really want a Royal Suite, the correct polite way is to contact PLG upfront, mention you are interested in staying, would really like to have a Royal Suite, and as an RA what room or rate should you book to stay in a Royal Suite.

Royal and Presidental Suite global exclusion definitely existed before IHG editted to remove some t+c text, replacing text with blocks for AMEA and RoW.
I am sure that loss was unintentional and attempting to force such upgrade is most likely to have IC's get exclusion added back, and individual hotel to cover themselves by adding individual hotel exclusion line.

IHG have already editted t+c due to unintended consequences of new text, eg add that on award nights RAs do not get Club access. It was obviously not specifically excluded in award night text as club was never a privilege. As soon as RAs started demanding Club worth 60-100euro on awards, t+c was corrected.
You are demanding unintended 2200euro benefit so guess what is going to happen.

PLG can sell these suites, certainly in summer weeks, French Open Tennis, and to wealthy Middle east guests looking for cooler climates (just like IC-Parklane, Dorchester in UK do each summer)

Under previous +1cat RA/amb upgrade you would be looking at
800++ Prestigue Opera suite -> 2300++ Ambassador Suite
2300++ Ambassdor Suite -> 3000++ Royal Suite (royal suite upgrade being excluded)
3000++ Royal Suite -> 3500++ Presidential suite (presidential suite upgrade being excluded)

That said, PLG is one of the most generous ICs I regularly use, so if a Royal or Pres suite was unsold at your checkin, they would probably offer that without any prompting.
If both Royal+Presidential (8x) Suites sold, then I am also sure PLG will have held back a 1cat upgrade to 2300++ Ambassador Suite and make a rate adjustment -1cat on your booked room.