FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion status changes, effects on existing reservations
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:12 pm
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You keep it unless 1)there's a reason for reseating to be run - IE change in layout or version of plane. OR 2)there's a reticketing.

SIN was wrong. You only get the seat if you have status when the process is run. If it gets rerun again (IE the above reasons) then status at that point determineso.
In my case, I had status at the time I was upgraded. I held the upgrade and the same exact seat right up until check-in more two months after dropping status. There were no subsequent schedule changes or other events that would cause me to lose the upgrade and go back on the list. Despite this, I still couldn't check in.

Removing me from C+ was the Twitter agent's solution, saying I wasn't eligible to sit in C+, even though I had received the upgrade while I had status. SIN determined that the Twitter agent was wrong to remove me from the C+ seat, as I was eligible for the upgrade at the time I received it.