FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Billpay at Walmart(2017)
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:19 pm
bodiddely

Originally Posted by Mamibear
seems like am3x RAT team are busy. My friend just got her OBC late last year and thought it was a great idea to use B/P vs depositing MOs. BAM! she got the ax yesterday. She has paid "only" 3x and think this is "unfair".

Maybe they can't catch everyone doing this and she's just one of the unfortunate ones. But for those who have relatively new am3x cards and make this their main payment method, they should know now that RAT is taking notes. In fact, from reading a lot of reports, WMBP seems to be the main factor in a lot of CC shutdowns. Tread lightly.
An update on my Amex WM BP via MoneyGram activities, been doing it pretty regularly the past couple of months. If there is a limit, it's definitely a lot higher than 5 per 30 days. I've done 7 in the last 2 weeks. While the $4.99 fee is annoying, it's only $1.25 per GC. I wouldn't complain about paying $.99 for a $500 MO so this isn't much worse. We'll see if the RAT team comes after me eventually, but I suspect MS on SPG cards is pretty profitable to them as they seem to be very tolerant of it.