FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]
Old May 10, 2004, 11:25 am
honu

No way Jose! Just as there are a few rude or grumpy employees among a high number of competent (if at times a bit demoralized) professionals, so there are pax who are impossible to please, and would relish this opportunity to express their meanness. I don't like the idea that some (rare) CSR can put negative comments on my record just because s/he's grumpy, but I'd be even more worried if there was a similar system for pax to screw up someone's livelyhood and career.

When I encounter truly egregious behaviour, I'll write a letter. Suffice to say that I've never written such a letter in my life (complaints, yes, I've had several, but I've never felt the need to escalate and try to ruin someone's life like that).

When I feel that I've encountered more than my fair share of grumpy, rude employees, I tend to stagger my flying w/a particular airline (it did happen w/AA), and perhaps use their OW partners (so the mileage accumulation isn't endangered). I realize that this is more of an option if you do frequent international travel, though...

Last edited by honu; May 10, 2004 at 11:29 am