FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]
Old May 10, 2004, 11:11 am
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why bring back a program that hasn't achieved anything

Some empirical observation: when the S.O.S. program was stopped after ten+ years, AA still had a high ration of employees that don't really care about the customer. From an analytical perspective, it was an abismal failure.

How about AA handing "three strikes you're out cards" instead? Any time a customer is subject to bad service we fill one and send it in to AA. Once an employee gets three of them, they're out.

Simple, and effective. And something that the union should be supportive of, as it would clean out the ranks of non-professional members.

[Note: the program wouldn't work in practice because less honest customers would start blackmailing employees, so don't take me seriously. But I stand by the point that although the S.O.S. program made me feel better, the average professionalism of AA's employees is still abismally behind that of CX, BA, QF, LH and LX, just to name a few recent personal experiences]

Last edited by hillrider; May 10, 2004 at 11:16 am Reason: Typo