FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Appeal to AA (and attempts) to bring back the SOS / SomeOne Special program [merged]
Old May 10, 2004, 11:06 am
HKG_Flyer1

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
I was really disappointed when this program disappeared. It seemed to be virtually the only mechanism available to tie rewards to customer service.

Although online SOS's would be a good idea, I think program participation would drop off dramatically. Unfortunately, a lot of customers (including myself) have a great flight, think the FAs are really great, then promptly forget about following up (or push it to the bottom of an always overflowing in-basket).

The immediacy of the reward was what made it so great. On the plane, one spends a lot of time just sitting on your hands (particularly during the arrival phase of the flight) that could be put to use filling out the cards.

I'm extremely bewildered by the fact that AA mgmt. apparently never saw these forms. Seems like a system could be developed to track employee received S.O.S's, prevent abuse (i.e. one pax repeatedly trading a designated employee S.O.S.'s for special favors), and ensure that personnel files were noted accordingly.