FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help, My Aeroplan Account Was Hacked!
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:25 am
Genia11

As a rule, I do not click on any emails that I am not familiar with and if personal information is request, I will use a browser and log in separately to confirm the request.

When I called Aeroplan, they didn't share much information with me other than someone from Fraud would be calling me in the next 24 hours and likely reverse the transactions.

I did reset the password and changed to something different... so frustrating.

What I find amazing is that Aeroplan customer service cannot cancel fraudulent redemptions and needs the Fraud department to do so. Regardless, I hope Aeroplan is able to stop the shipment of the merchandises and deny the scammers of what they came for.

I am just hoping that I will hear from Fraud soon and resolve this issue.

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Any idea how they got access?

Did you click any purported "aeroplan" links in emails recently (phishing attempts)? Did you make any new accounts with the same password you use for Aeroplan or login on new websites with that password? Have any other accounts/services been affected? Did you change your email password after the first hack? Did Aeroplan check if anyone called their call centre to reset the password of the account claiming to be you?