FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer at SIN on two different tickets
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:37 am
ex-koelner

Programs: LH FTL
Transfer at SIN on two different tickets

Dear Changi experts:
I'll fly SIN to MUC on SQ soon, leaving at 00:25. It now happened that I will be in Bali the days before, i.e. flying into SIN the evening before on a separate ticket. SIN to MUC will be in C, DPS -SIN in Y.

Options are:
SQ/MI arriving at either 15:35 or 22:40, obviously no flight in between. Probably the easiest connection as I'd expect them to check my luggage through and a certain likelihood of no terminal change. But 15:35 would mean a really long transfer time, while the later flight would not leave much time to explore lounges and so (will be my first time in C out of SIN).
KL arriving at 21:25, good price, but a game of luck whether they will check the luggage through and change of terminal, but T1 to T3 shouldn't be too difficult.
GA arriving at 18:20, again maybe the need to clear immigration and re-check baggage, but no terminal change.
Air Asia, arriving at 20:15 or 20:45, good price and good schedule, but probably the least convenient transfer. Travel will be in September and I'd expect them to arrive at Terminal 4 by that time.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and advice on how to make the connection. Main concern is of course reliability as I must not miss the flight out of SIN, followed by convenience.