FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:32 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
Currently here for 4 nights. Booked 2 Del Harbour View and upgraded to 2 x Executive Suites Harbour View on the 14th floor, so can't complain especially as one night is on an AMB voucher.

Spire gift is $135 food discount voucher, AMB gets 2 x drinks vouchers per room (worth $100+ each given the prices).

Shockingly expensive here though, if you are from the UK. £30 for a margherita pizza in the lobby, £11 for a beer. Breakfast was 'reduced' to £30 each (£23 for the kids) plus tax if I agreed on arrival to take it each day.

Hotel definitely needs a refurb, can't argue with that. It is well maintained but feels old.

Construction on either side is shockingly ugly, especially around the pool. Can't hear a thing in our room to be fair. My wife was speechless when she saw the state of the building work.
The only time I observed any construction a few months ago was on arriving at the property and from the gym. To be fair we didn't use the pool.

Wouldn't you be better paying for club than buying breakfast? This would get you better value at the same price point. I have always had club at this property mainly from RA but with an excellent lounge breakfast or downstairs buffet if you choose plus the other benefits, it seems perverse to just pay for breakfast.

I assume the dining credit was HKG $ but may be worth editing to avoid confusion.