FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:26 pm
sammyZ06

Programs: UA, DL, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by ehuang03
The only way you're going to earn points is to spend. There are no ways around it. I wouldn't do any spending that I wouldn't usually normally spend on just to earn some points. Getting credit cards and the point bonuses is a fast way to accumulate points. I went with the CSR for the 100k, then the CSP for 50k, and did a PC from the CSP to FU to earn 1.5 so that helps a little with my earnings. If I wasn't at 5/24, I'd go after the Ink Business Preferred for 80k. Good luck!
Thanks a bunch for the info! I've been trying to use that card for everything I normally purchase. I actually did something similar to you but kind of in reverse I guess. I had the CSP for a couple of years, hit the 50k bonus and never really got beyond that so I used it for 2 domestic flights. Then when the CSR came out with that huge 100k bonus, I got that and Chase helped me change my CSP one to the Freedom Unlimited so I wouldn't have the extra yearly fee. That Ink one looks pretty cool though. I'm eyeing it up now