FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - April 5, 2017: Delta cancels 300 flights due to thunderstorm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:06 pm
RatherBeOnATrain
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
FWIW, this is what the Atlanta newspaper is reporting:
Delta cancelled about 350 flights Wednesday and diverted more than 60 flights. Flight cancellations continued Thursday due to crews being out of place and crew rest requirements after Wednesday’s storms, according to Delta spokesman Michael Thomas.

And at mid-afternoon Thursday, a ground delay program was causing delays averaging 2 hours and 29 minutes for arriving flights, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
And this bit of DYKWIA amused me:
Traveler Belinda England from Glasgow, Ky. was returning with family from a vacation in Cancun, and said delays left their flight getting into Hartsfield-Jackson at around 2 a.m. By the time they got through Customs and tried to recheck their baggage, they had missed their connecting flight back home.

“I’m a travel agent, and I’m very, very upset with Delta,” England said. “I know weather is not their fault, but they had ample time to get their act together.” She said the experience would affect her interest in selling Delta flights in the future.
Link: AJC.com - Hundreds stuck at Hartsfield-Jackson after storm, delays and cancellations continue (10:15 a.m. Thursday, April 6, 2017)