FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA to DL: Grass Ain't Always Greener (Mini Rant / Joke)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:00 pm
The Situation

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I think different folks see the RA era differently. Some folks see it the way you do and others see it as a time of significant improvement in DL. Industry insiders all seem to think he brought DL to the next level. I guess I wonder who I am to feel differently when I am not an industry insider. Neither opinion is wrong but it is just that, an opinion.

I didn't start flying DL until 2007, but I am sure everyone remembers how awful the experience was on ALL airlines back then. Airlines had to be cheap to survive. The reason I switched was DL was the least bad airline. Every year, DL made small improvements under Anderson, until 2012ish, when those small improvements accelerated into big improvements. Meanwhile, the competitors were going further and further downhill each year. Given the environment Anderson inherited and competitors' race to the bottom, I think a lot of the criticism of Anderson is misguided.