FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GiftCardMall Master Thread(2017)
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:35 am
Mancolt

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz
I placed a $16.5k order clicking through topcashback with an advertised 4% back, amounts to around $650. It never showed up and when I opened a claim they responded by saying the click was not registered as them being the final website before going to the merchant website which I know 100% is not true.
Also they mentioned clearing cookies every time etc. even though I've never had an issue with getting my $0.50 here $1 there when shopping on eBay with 1% back even after clicking through ebates or other sources and then making sure the last click is through topcashback and thats when I do my order.

For my large order I made sure to not click anywhere beforehand, I opened TCB, searched for merchant, clicked through and placed my order which was already saved in my cart on my account. Knowing that the cash back is a nice amount I made sure to do everything right but ended up with nothing.

I wonder if there is anything I can do about this or can they just lie to me every time the cash back amount is as large and just pocket the entire thing without being able to do anything?

Let me know if this is not the right thread to ask about TCB.
Agree with MaxVO, this is not the TCB thread (title is GiftCardMall Master Thread) but there is lots of discussion about TCB as it relates to GCM.

What site did you place an order for $16.5k from? I doubt it was GCM, given they have a monthly limit of $15k.

As to your question, I'm not sure you have much recourse. The cashback sites aren't under any sort of obligation to my knowledge, and proving that you used their link to click through would be difficult unless you're an IT whiz, and even then, not sure it's possible or that they'd care to listen.