FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MR members : post your Starwood stay experiences after linking your account
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:42 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
In the past month or so I've had three SPG stays and three Marriott stays to take advantage of double points for six stays instead of three. I was upgraded to a two room suite for all six stays without asking. Although I asked for points as my welcome gift, all six hotels provided some sort of fruit or chocolate tray on arrival.

The biggest difference to me has been whether there is a CL. Many of the SPG properties either did not have one (LM Bangkok Silom) or had something that was below what you'd expect in a similar Marriott (Sheraton Prague). The Bali Sheraton is a Resort, so its not having one was expected on my part.

SPG hotels have treated me well; likely no different than a non-Marriott SPG Plat would be treated.
It isn't part of the brand for LMs and LRMs to have club lounges, although some of them do. The LRMs at Shanghai and Bangkok (Plaza Athenee) come to mind as examples of properties that do have (in fact, very nice) lounges.