FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8th Annual Chicago Seminars - October 20 - 22, 2017
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:13 pm
thehowieee

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by balian1131
I would agree that the bulk of the speakers seems to be giving the same presentation as last year (with updated information I'm sure), but still, it would be nice if there were some new relevant topics thrown into the mix. Here's a sampling of speakers giving the same presentation as last year:

Rene: Introduction to Manufactured Spending
Dave / Bikeguy: Booking Travel for Five or More
Stefan / Rapid Travel Chai: Advanced Credit Cards,

It's great that some presenters like Shawn Coomer seem to be building off the info they gave last year (last year intro to this year expert reselling as well). I'm sure I'll still find value in updated presentations, but let's get some new stuff going too.
To add some clarity, sessions that appear to be repeated, aren't necessarily copied content.

For example, Manufactured Spend strategies are constantly evolving. I'm confident Rene won't be talking about how awesome bluebird and vanilla reload are for bulking up on spend.

As award programs change (partnerships/earning opportunities), so do strategies for booking award tickets and finding those sweet spots. And when it comes to credit cards, it is a constantly changing world. What may have been possible with an American bank in previous years probably won't cut the mustard this year.

So while I, uncreatively, keep the same topic names, I'm confident you'll see fresh content. If you attend every conference that any of these folks speak at I guarantee you'll see a repeat of content. It is the same as following a comedian around on tour -- you're going to hear a lot of the same jokes over the course of a few months if you go to every show.

When identifying topics, the focus is on "what is relevant and what are people asking about."

I hope you'll find some topics that interest you and that we'll see you in October.

Last edited by thehowieee; Apr 4, 2017 at 3:03 pm