FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Different pricing/fare buckets depending on billing country / point of sale
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:31 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warrenw
I'm based out of ICN and frequently find drastically different fares based in Korean won and an overseas address vs booking in USD. I'm talking upwards of $600-$800 for premium tickets, of course less for economy.

For my credit card (also Chase) I have multiple addresses in my Chase profile - one is my physical overseas address and the other is a PO Box. This way I can use my card in the states and use the PO Box zip code when making purchases but can use the Korean address when buying tix on United. I've been doing this for at least the past two years and haven't had a single issue whatsoever.

I will note that this does NOT work for my United CC, so I use my Sapphire Reserve. Not sure why it won't let me use my United CC but I'm not questioning it, I get more points with the SR anyway.
Interesting. It seems like Chase for some reason puts a single-address requirement on the United cards.

Originally Posted by sfo
No, I only have one, I had a US billing address but have changed it to my Canadian address. Sometimes fares from Canada are less expensive that those from the US. If the fare's are close after I look at the exchange rate then I use my Canadian VI card, no sense wasting US dollars if it is not necessary. I looked at one fare to Europe, in CAD $1200.00 but when converted it worked out to about USD $890.00 which is a nice savings.
I see, thanks for explaining. ^