FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:38 am
hurnik

Originally Posted by CJKatl
I'm not sure, but she may have been singing religious songs. I couldn't tell and really was trying to just ignore it. She also refused to put her purse under the seat in front of her. The FAs finally gave up and let her keep it on her lap. The purse may have actually been empty. It was the kind of thing you thought could get much worse so you just let it go where it was. You know, the sleeping dogs theory.
Could've been a combo of one of those people who are really afraid to fly type of thing and (no offense here) some happy religious thoughts/whatever to keep their mind occupied.

I do recall one of my lovely 'prop job' flights from ALB to EWR where they had to stop the right engine because it kept revving (about 20 minutes from landing), and there were several people who put their hands in the air and you could hear the praying start whilst we had a rather rough (but safe) landing. Followed by many joyful "hallelujah's" and clapping/etc. (I was mostly covered in sweat).