FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing ex-MPM DONE5 in DOH
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:10 am
austom

Changing ex-MPM DONE5 in DOH

Hi,

I have an ex-MPM DONE5 that I start in June.

The current routing is MPM-xDOH-HKG-HND-BKK-xHKG-PER-xSYD-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-SVO-xHEL-LHR-JNB

I want to take advantage of the fact that DOH-CAI books into A and earns 150 Qantas status credits, so I'm wondering whether I will be able to fly the first sector (MPM-DOH) and then go to a ticketing desk in Doha airport and get them to change the ticket.

My proposed routing is MPM-xDOH-CAI-xDOH-HKG-HND-SYD-xPER-xAKL-xHKG-LAX-JFK-HEL-SVO-xHEL-LHR-JNB

I have a 2 hour 35 minute layover. Not sure if this is enough time to complete the change (the flight to CAI leaves around 7 hours after the flight to HKG, so plenty of time in that regard but not a huge amount of time before the HKG flight leaves).

Also, the flight from MPM lands just after midnight, so not sure whether anyone would be around and able to help (or whether the lounge staff may be able to assist).

Any experiences changing RTW tickets in airports just before flying the next sector, or with the ticketing support services available in Doha Airport?

Cheers
Tom