FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:08 am
maveNY

Originally Posted by okabae
I did my status match two years ago without a problem. But a colleague of mine just recently gave up because they are being ridiculous about the conditions for status match. My colleague had a 1 year trial elite card and was asked to do a TK flight to re-qualify. But now they told him he needs 15.000 miles from TK flights and not Star Alliance flights... which is weird because he managed to get enough Star Alliance milage to re-qualify. Countless emails and calls to the helpdesk have not helped, so he has given up on the TK... now both his M&M and M&S Gold statuses have expired...

TK Miles and Smile "Customer" service is a mess. I waited several month, had the same issue. First they told me 37500 miles with Star Alliance for re-qualification and I made it. I also have this in written format. Then they told me only TK flights and downgraded me to silver. Afterwards I got the ELITE card without expiry date and a new Gold Card with expiry date until Jan 2018. This card works but I have no clue how many miles I have to fly now with SA or TK or what ever.

I think about a status match to Asiana or an airline which has clear and visible rules. I am also member of a professional frequent flyer portal and they confirmed to me as well that TK is a kind of gambling game ....