FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Could Delta Capitalize On Their Better Transfer Cities?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:56 pm
amanuensis
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads
For the record, the only DL hub I hate connecting through is SLC. I've never had a major issue with any of the others.

I can connect through ATL without thinking at this point, and the only bad experiences I've had have been ExpressJet-related. The other hub I use most is MSP, and while I don't like the SkyClub situation, the rest of the airport is fine.

I definitely want to try an RDU connection soon, and if CVG-MSY comes back, I will almost certainly connect there when flying DCA-Louisiana.
Since I live in SLC, I have never yet had the need to connect through it. What don't you like about it?

I guess one advantage of connecting at a non-hub airport is that there will be just a few gates, all in the same concourse. Thus tighter connections might be less risky. (Although as others have pointed out, if you do misconnect, recovery options are sure to be more limited.)

I flew from ATL to SLC once via Austin. It gave me a chance to see an airport I had never been to before. It was supposed to have a fantastic Texas barbeque place. Maybe I caught them on a bad day because I did not find it to be anything special.