FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:36 pm
Sykes

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by harley9
Also, if I sign up, I plan on only using the "free" shuttles and jetdeals. Does anyone know if there are any hidden costs to those flights (like a hidden tax or airport fee or who knows what)? I know food and drink costs extra, but I don't mind picking up a sandwich on the way to the flight : )
The only "hidden" cost that I can think of for Simple members is the peak travel surcharges during the holidays. There were a few days (I think less than 10) last year when they charged a per-flight fee for shuttles. Shuttle flights over 3 hours as well as helicopter transfers cost money for new Smart members, but I don't think either are available to you as a Simple member.

On shuttle flights the drinks (including beer and wine) and snacks (chips, cookies, etc.) are complementary. If you're departing from one of the airports with premium catering (currently New York and South Florida) you'll have the option to pay $150 for a meal on heavy jets. For heavy jet shuttles from other airports they usually cater complementary salads and sandwiches in addition to snacks. (The heavy jet meals aren't THAT relevant to the Simple membership, but I think that there are a handful of routes served by heavy jets that you can book.)

On JetDeals, technically drinks and snacks aren't supposed to be free, but the vast majority of the time the operator lets you have them for free anyway.