FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the worst thing you've ever done/said on a plane?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:06 pm
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by backprop
I was flying a US domestic AA route in First. My modest duffle backpack was in the overhead above me. There was a little room left in that compartment, but the rest in the cabin were full. I was exhausted after a long day of delays.

Another F passenger came in, one of the last to board, loudly yapping on his phone. He couldn't fit his rollaboard into the bin..but he spied my bag and the empty spot next to it. He took it out, while I watched to see what happened. He loaded his suitcase into the bin above me..then without asking anyone, he started shopping around in the economy cabin for a place to put my bag...at which time I loudly asked what the F he thought he was doing.

I could/should have been much nicer about it, but I also don't see how he would have fit his giant suitcase anywhere on the plane at that point. The FA finally gate checked it, and I got to sit across from him for the flight.
Not your fault. No one should touch your stuff without your permission, especially not move it back along the plane.