FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:24 am
dilbertsdaddy

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by X-ON
This is my totally speculative view on how MPG would import LT tiers from SPG:

LT SPG GOLD=> NEW LT GOLD tier (which would resemble SPG GOLD with some bells and whistles) official night requirement 250 nights
LT SPG PLAT=> NEW LT PLAT tier (A mix of features of MR GOLD/PLT and SPG PLT all watered down of course) official night requirement 500 nights
NEW LT tier PLAT+ (or Palladium or ???? ) Will be the new full top tier of MPG official night requirement: somewhere in area of 750 to 1000 nights

The matching would be done in 2 steps:
(1) In step one all SPG LT get their new corresponding LT tier
(2) In step two those LT GOLD /PLT with enough combined LT nights gets "promoted" into a new tier some GOLD might get into PLAT or PLAT+ and some PLAT might get into PLAT+ but most stay where they are.

Obviously you would perform the same type of procedure with the LT MR tiers
... maybe someone has an even better idea...
I would love for it to happen this way but I will not hold my breath!

I am SPG lifetime Gold but have 600 combined nights (but no lifetime with MR due to points requirement).

I don't need top tier but would like to have lounge access. MR Gold has that, SPG Gold does not, so I still have to plug away for Plat every year. It would be nice to not have to worry about that.

I find SPG very generous with upgrades and MR very stingy.