FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
However lifetime status in the new program is determined, I really hope that Marriott put some thought in how to keep their Lifetimers engaged, staying and spending.

This is one area where SPG hasn't excelled : Lifetimers have tended to be excluded from targeted promotions, and without the need to chase stays and nights to renew status, there's less incentive for their 'best' customers to put incremental revenue in Starwoods pocket.
Well, if it is anything like their Q1 programme, I wouldn't hold my breath. I got, like most of you, what would've been the Marriott bonus on the Starwood side, and double points for my first three stays on the Marriott side. In essence, I got 2x points on my first three stays on both sides of the spectrum, and it was a big yawn all around. It didn't incentivise me to use Marriott over Starwood (as if I would). It also didn't incentivise me to stay more. Maybe I'll pull a rabbit out of my hat next week though and book an Easter holiday somewhere...