FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Personal View
Thread: A Personal View
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:06 am
HilFly

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Ned1968
I agree that the position in the middle-east is beyond moderation, but the fora here have both rules and moderators (who do a great job). Interesting threads are regularly closed due to people who don't care about "getting along nicely", which is to everyone's detriment.

Sounds like a challenge

Can't agree with this one either. I'm sure you're not seriously suggesting that the "victim" should walk away. That would be a charter for boorish behaviour. Hypothetically, if someone with mental health issues gets a hard time on here, should they be bullied into leaving? Should they withdraw from every interaction that ends in being hassled? Where should they withdraw to? Complete isolation? I'm sure you wouldn't treat someone in that position in the same way face to face (if only because it is illegal), so advocating it online would be most insensitive.
I don't approve of bullying or insulting behavior, but there are people who see bullying and insults where there is none. Another poster once accused me of stalking them because I had posted in the same threads as them and responded to some of their posts!!

I wouldn't post on an internet forum if I couldn't take the robust discussion and disagreement therein. A discussion can be heated without being bullying, abusive or insulting.