FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BCN airport transfer to Barcelona City....
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:14 am
HalconBCN

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
I finalized my arrival plans, and I'll be arriving at BCN at ~2030H which I am guessing is going to be towards the end of rush hour.

I am planning to take the aerobus and avoid taxi/metro as who knows what the meter will be like on the taxi and how many people will be on metro for my expedition to the lodging portion.

Any other ideas/helpful points for a 1st timer to BCN (and GVA)?
I live here in BCN so I can advise on your questions.

Rush hour traffic is 6-8pm so by the time you arrive you will not have any traffic issues.

The Aerobus costs 10.20€ for the return ticket and is an efficient service especially if you are staying nearby one of the 4 stops.

Taxis are not a bad option either if you wish to get to your accomodation quickly. Most drivers are honest.

Watch your belongings like a hawk when you are waiting at the Aerobus stop to return to the airport. Pickpocketing does happen at these stops as tourists are a prime target for petty crime in BCN. Theives are looking for easy targets, so don't be that person who is walking around with a wallet in your back pocket or it will be taken from you.

If you need any more advice just send me a PM