FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Personal View
Thread: A Personal View
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:37 pm
Crampedin13A

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
As for BAEC 44Golds, you are saying they are posting they prefer to fly on other OW airlines that they offer believe better products and experiences. Why is that a "pity" if that's how they feel? My concentration of OW flying on BA has gone from 60-70% to about 5% because of what I see as BA's shortcomings.

In terms of believing BAEC is "great," I suspect people remain in the program for a myriad of reason, like not wanting to start over from scratch.

BAEC (like other programs) has declined and the extra fees make BA long-haul Y redemptions nonsensical and vs. CW it's a toss-up if there's a sale. It's still a decent program, however, I'm closing in on Lifetime Gold, I already have LT Plat with AA, and being U.S. based I don't think CX, QR or QR programs would make sense for me to start at 0. That's why I continue to use BAEC as my accumulator. I don't believe BAEC is a "great" program. It's in the upper middling where IMO none of the programs I play in are close to what they were 10 years ago. It's just the best of my alternative.
BAEC might not be great but which FFP are? I don't live in or travel to the US so the supposedly great AA EXP or UA PremEx levels are useless to me. Surely if someone is flying CX or QR or AA almost exclusively which we read about on here all the time their respective programs would make more sense than BAEC if they were even upper middling?

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Apr 1, 2017 at 9:18 pm