FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Personal View
Thread: A Personal View
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:53 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I agree those who have earned BAEC status by flying other airlines have as much right as those who earn their status by flying BA to post on the forum.
Just a pity they tend to concentrate their posts on telling us how awful the airline is rather than saying how great the reward programme is.

As for BAEC 44Golds, you are saying they are posting they prefer to fly on other OW airlines that they offer believe better products and experiences. Why is that a "pity" if that's how they feel? My concentration of OW flying on BA has gone from 60-70% to about 5% because of what I see as BA's shortcomings.

In terms of believing BAEC is "great," I suspect people remain in the program for a myriad of reason, like not wanting to start over from scratch.

BAEC (like other programs) has declined and the extra fees make BA long-haul Y redemptions nonsensical and vs. CW it's a toss-up if there's a sale. It's still a decent program, however, I'm closing in on Lifetime Gold, I already have LT Plat with AA, and being U.S. based I don't think CX, QR or QR programs would make sense for me to start at 0. That's why I continue to use BAEC as my accumulator. I don't believe BAEC is a "great" program. It's in the upper middling where IMO none of the programs I play in are close to what they were 10 years ago. It's just the best of my alternative.

Last edited by elitetraveler; Apr 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm