FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-19 AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:09 pm
taxatty56

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I know the MCT and know in most instances 4t minutes for DD connection is fine. My question is for a DD connection with original being JFK is this enough time. Do AA JFK-MIA flights get delayed often or since hub to hub generally aren't delayed?

I was booked JFK-MIA-SAT instead of through DFW by my office assistant. (It was cheaper by $20 was his response) Only have 47 minutes to connect. The one earlier JFK/MIA flight that would be a legal connection is too early for me to leave. Thus no option even for SDFC. Just trying to figure out the chances of actually making it home that night vs being stuck in MIA.
47 minutes is usually enough at MIA to change, especially if you take the Skytrain for far-apart D gates, although it might be tougher if flights are split between distant D and E gates. The biggest problems at MIA are often thunderstorms or landing with no open gate immediately available, for neither of which you can plan in advance. Without any of those issues you should be OK.