FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH calls this... fruit?!
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:28 am
carrotjuice

MH calls this... fruit?!

Taking HKG-KUL on MH business class recently, breakfast was served that included what was supposed to be a bowl of fruit.

But in the bowl were 4 teensy weensy rather stale looking cubes of watermelon, honeydew, pineapple and dragon fruit. I kid you not - each cube was only 2 cm width X 2 cm length X 2 cm height! Has MH gone truly crazy with cost cutting?

When shown to the stewardess and asked whether these were really "a bowl of fruit" or merely 4 cubes of fruit garnishes? Candidly she too felt embarrassed and was apologetic but clearly even she felt what was served could never be described as fruit to be served with an in flight meal!

Comparing to SQ and their big fruit basket where passengers can pick from a good selection, what MH served truly was embarrassing.

She offered to note down as customer complaint and she even took a copy of my business card but... as with everything to do with MH, I would either get no response or at best a "thank you for your feedback" cut and paste response.