FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any gay male prostitutes in Amsterdam red light district?
Old May 9, 2004, 7:51 am
jockdAAddy

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond
An alternate POV from another 47 y.o. gay male

Originally Posted by dwsnc
I really don't see what the arguement is here..........I'm 47 y.o. and maybe some of you don't remember the 1980's, when gay men where dropping like flies. I've gone to, count 'em, 18 funerals where we buried FRIENDS & lovers. I can't get that out of my mind.

there is no arguement here
I disagree. Life is full of choices. Some of us eat undercooked meat which could lead to illness and death. Some of us drink which can cause liver damage. Some of us don't get much exercise and have other risk factors for coronary artery disease. Some of us don't get mammograms and colonoscopies which could detect early stage cancer and save our lives. Some of us smoke cigarettes which, it is well known, cause lung cancer and death. Some of us ride motorcycles and, to further increase the risk of serious injury and death, do so without wearing a helmet. The list is endless.

Would I make those same choices? Not all of them. Do I think people should be free to and have the right to make choices I wouldn't make? I do.

Otherwise I'm John Ashcroft.

Last edited by jockdAAddy; May 9, 2004 at 7:55 am