FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ No. 3 for Aegean Miles & Bonus: How many Miles&Bonus miles will I earn?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:21 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tennen
UA P class (as well as all their Business Class fares) earn 100% on A3. IIRC, that wasn't the case a few years ago.

As for LH P class, it earns on other programs (UA comes to mind). So, is it LH's fault that their P fares don't earn on A3, or is it A3's fault for not allowing it to be credited?
You're right, and my apologies for misleading everyone. Apparently it's been like this since March 2015, which shows how long it is since I've flown long haul with UA and needed to pay attention. With a considerable amount of humble pie, I've edited my first post.

UA & LH co-operate extensively on TATL routes, and I imagine have a JV in place. I would think AC are also part of that. When the co-operation is that close, cross FFP earning is also likely to align. As A3 is not part of that agreement, it will have less influence. There is no doubt in my mind that LH are paying A3 little or nothing for their discounted fares.

It's no secret in the airline industry that the most profitable cabin is Economy Plus, where the airlines have the best balance of income/seat density/service costs which is why you're more likely to see the discounted fares in those cabins earn compared to Y & J.