FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 First Wing - picture review
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:46 am
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by CCayley
Ah, but the key words here were 'if you consider the start and end points'. At present, a First Class passenger or CCR Cardholder arriving at T5 on the HEX, say, would only go anywhere near the new facility (assuming it's next to First check-in) if they had an urgent need for either the physical exercise of a pointless route march or the ego-stroking of using a check-in desk designated as First Class. Sane individuals either use Club World or similar desks that are close to South Security Fast Track or cattle class desks next to North Security Fast Track. In either case the new facility is going to be at best irrelevant (if the existing entrance to the CCR next to South Security stays in use) or will represent an unnecessary extension of the route to the lounge (if that door is closed).

I usually tend to err on the side of 'BA apologist' rather than 'whinges about everything', but if the existing doorway into the CCR is closed then the introduction of "The First Wing" will represent a big improvement for users of the First lounge (aka Gold cardholders) at the expense of CCR cardholders and actual First Class passengers. And since I am usually in the latter not the former category, I would, of course, be upset!
I wouldn't say a 30 second slow walk ccounts as additional physical exercise, nor something to get upset about.

i suspect they will keep the white door open, monitor its use, if plenary of pax continue to use it either to avoid a 30 second walk, because they can't guest in 2 pax through security (I'm thinking CCR travelling in F) and. T connecting pax, it will stay open.