FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Provence/Savoie itinerary
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:29 pm
eefor jfp

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Help with Provence/Savoie itinerary

At the end of August/beginning of September, my wife and son (15) and I will be in France for a few (4) days. We fly into Geneva and rent a car and will drive down to a small Relais and Chateaux property between Montelimar and Orange. We have two nights there and figured we'd do Avignon and Arles the second day of our trip, possibly including a stop to see the Pont-du-gard and the Roman amphitheater in either Nimes or Orange.
The third day is what I am wondering about--the main caveat is that we need to drive up to Chambery by 7 p.m.
The last (fourth) morning we will visit Annecy on the way back up to Geneva airport (we need to be there by around 1 p.m.)

So the big question is day three. My wife would like to see Aix-en-provence but that seems like a long drive, especially if we need to head north at the end of the day. Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to maximize our sightseeing time but not kill ourselves on day three? There seem to be some nice towns in Luberon (Gordes, etc.) but again that's south.

Or should we re-arrange things and do Arles and Aix and Luberon on day two and then Avignon and Orange on day three before heading north? Is there anything in Vercors that is a must-see?

Have read lots of the threads in this forum and I guess in some ways it's all good, but was wondering if there were things that should not be missed.