FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 First Wing - picture review
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:08 pm
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by chris1979
there were 10 BA staff per pax today!
Lots of HAL staff too, as this principally is a HAL-delivered project. The security area and corridor is HAL space, the check-in area and interface with the lounge is BA.

Originally Posted by henkybaby
(I guess nothing has changed for pax in transit, other than that there will be no more shortcut after security?)
The Flight Connections Centre now has routes to both North and South Security, and there's reconfiguration of this area happening now to make it a simpler experience (including a better marked Fast Track lane). Nothing like TFW, but better than today.

Originally Posted by tomparskate
Looks fantastic thanks for the pictures! Just tying to picture where the fast track comes out in Galleries First?

Also, I take if I was leaving to get a flight I would just take the old entrance and use the escalators? There hasn't been another exit built on?
The corridor emerges behind the Gold Bar. The main entrance/exit to the lounge is as it's always been.

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Is there a new, direct route to the CCR or does one have to go into the F lounge, out of the F lounge, past the showers and then into the CCR?
The latter. The existing Concorde Room door adjacent to South Security will close when TFW opens fully next week.

Originally Posted by xenole
Wonder if they're going to move the CCR door to that doorway with a wooden frame?
No, that will be an open entrance to the lounge. The doors are still required where they are as it's a fire compartment.

Last edited by Genius1; Mar 29, 2017 at 3:15 pm