FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New London Heathrow (LHR) lounge - experience and reviews
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:50 pm
CatchThePigeon

Visited the business lounge on a Friday at around 1300 (I was flying BA Club as a non-status passenger).

First impression on entering was the tranquility as opposed to the BA Lounge. Plenty space in the dining area where I had some dim sum and a couple of the noodle soup dishes. Small portions but fresh and tasty.

Drinks wise, the bar area is situated in what I think is the nicest part of the lounge with chairs facing out to apron views. Only one bar person but the lounge was quiet so no problem. A selection of cocktails - I had a Negroni which was very good indeed. Also had a glass or two of Moet which was cold and served in decent sized glasses. Wine selection didn't look that great. AFAIK, the only alcohol that is self serve is the Carlsberg self-service taps in the dining area (which I didn't try but saw the usual result of someone pouring and getting 3/4s of foam and a 1/4 lager in the glass...).

Overall, a fantastic lounge and I think it ticks all the boxes of what the range of customers want. Hot fresh food, decent drinks selection, variety of seating/resting options and a relaxing ambiance.

Went to the BA club lounge afterwards just to show the person I was travelling with the difference. The atmosphere just feels old and tired compared to the CX lounge. As it was mid-afternoon the food offerings don't even bear comparison (sandwiches) but if you're a drinker then the self-pour option of 4 whites and 4 reds plus numerous spirit options might give some a reason to prefer a visit over CX. But otherwise, it's a no-brainer. The CX lounge blows the spots, fur and skin off BA.