FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Premium Cabin Cost Cutting
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:28 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
This is a typical DL domestic F meal, minus the candy bar. It's normally a packaged cookie or cake item. Did they serve you a roll? That's what's missing from this picture.

The little plastic salt and pepper shakers are one of my big pet peeves when I fly D1. Thankfully these are being replaced with the D1 changes.
Originally Posted by davetravels
Just curious. What, exactly, is your peeve?

Would you prefer this?

Well played! Although I have the same question. They're quite a bit better than packets, after all. I think they're adorable personally, and reasonable functional.

Originally Posted by WWads
Interested to hear what people think about this. As I've suggested, I'd be happy with a cheese plate with grapes or something on many of the shorter meal flights. I would imagine that this would be much less costly than the current (often terrible) meals that these routes see.

For flights over 1400 miles, the potential savings could be used to provide higher quality meals, the sort that one would expect on a longer flight in FC.
I would be delighted with fruit and cheese in place of the normal dessert (cookie or whatever) in domestic first. Instead of the meal? No. I always like to have the option of having something more substantial on the plane, especially if I have something that I have to do immediately on arrival.