FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:21 am
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
yellow fever vaccination was $200-300 USD a person when I searched for providers in the US. 'vaccines for discretionary travel are not covered by most insurers'. Lots of high cost travel vaccine providers in big cities. Turns out you need a special permit to order/administer the vaccine (at least in PA) so 99% of doctors offices will not. A couple public health departments can special order it (paid, IIRC about half the above cost) with enough advance notice. Must be done ~2 weeks before travel date if I remember correctly.

During a stop in Cape Town, South Africa, we got vaccines at an upscale doctors office in a new shopping center on the waterfront. Printed invoice was $7.04-- $7 for the vaccine, $0.01 for the alcohol swab, and $0.03 for the plastic bandage. (I commented to them how impressed I was on their supplies billing precision.. I then had to point out that they missed an opportunity to bill me another two cents for the paper and toner.)
Yeah here in SFO it's about $200 to get it. I was surprised at the cost actually.

If I do fly this, I likely will skip the vaccine and take my chances in BKK. Everytime I pass through there they are always so unorganized and I'd be betting they wouldn't notice or care.