FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:41 am
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by roberino
Plenty of legitimate reasons for what they said. Stairs aren't safe during flight in case of sudden turbulence. Another cabin isn't really a suitable place for you to go for a walk. The flight deck is on the upper deck and they have a duty to protect that space.

So, no, I don't think it is a race thing.
United (PMCO route) clearly also protects the business cabins and also doesn't allow pax to cross over from starboard/port sides of the aircraft (or v/v) in the forward galley.

Also, on a 744, LH has (crazily) configured the upper deck with *only* 1 toilet forward, right behind the cockpit - when there used to be 2 earlier for 8 x F pax. (Earlier used to be 16 x F pax with the old seats, long ago)

(Note 748 has 2 toilets on the upper deck - as I recall, but have never flown on the a/c)

I would not fly a 744 on the upper deck (or even at all) - as the ratio of pax to toilets is too high.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Mar 29, 2017 at 7:49 am