FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Running for Children with Cancer
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:28 am
rwoman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Running for Children with Cancer

Hi all,

Well, after several fellow FTers messaged regarding whether or not I'm running London for Children with Cancer this year, here I am.

Very few of us have not been touched by cancer - be it ourselves, friends, family, pets, etc. When CwC called me last fall to see if I wanted to support them again, it wasn't much of a debate. Several weeks before that phone call, a friend died after nearly three years of fighting cancer's scourge.

Since I first ran London in 2014, I've been able to raise quite a bit to help continue to the fight. All due to the generosity of friends, family, colleagues, fellow travelers, and strangers.

Recognizing this, I've focused much of this year's fundraising on part of the funds I earn by selling on ebay. As I type this, I'm at £1,441.30 for my £1,500 goal, though I'd love to see this amount smashed.

As far as training this year, it's gone okay. When it hurts, I just don't want to go, or I think I can't, I remember those we've lost and those who survive and kick cancer's backside.

A simple thank you is hardly enough, but thank you all for your continued support!

Thank you for your consideration in supporting this cause again!

LINK to donate.