FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:28 am
roberino

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by Airbus_Guy
I was sitting in 1C on a 747-400 from FRA to YYZ on LH.

This was the third leg of what seemed to be the longest journey of my life: 6 hours in a car, followed by 1 hour flight, followed by another 1.5 hours in a car, followed by 8 hours flying, 5 hours layover, and my final flight home: 8 hours FRA to YYZ.

During the flight, I got up to stretch my legs and take a bit of a walk. I decided to climb the stairs from the main floor to the upper deck, and use the bathroom upstairs. Basically moving from J class to J class.

When I came out of the bathroom, I noticed the Purser and the stewardess on the upper deck, staring at me. As I walked by them, they asked me my name and seat number (even though the Purser had previously seen me in my seat and called me by name asking me if I wanted to purchase Duty Free).

They told me that they were concerned about security, and that it was abnormal for people to move up and down the stairs.

I wonder if it had anything to do with my skin tone (being dark - ie South Asian), or if this was a legitimate concern. Any thoughts are appreciated!!

Thanks....Airbus_Guy
Plenty of legitimate reasons for what they said. Stairs aren't safe during flight in case of sudden turbulence. Another cabin isn't really a suitable place for you to go for a walk. The flight deck is on the upper deck and they have a duty to protect that space.

So, no, I don't think it is a race thing.